Resident Parking Permit
You can obtain a resident parking permit either in person or through our Internetservice on the following conditions:
- You must be registered with a main residence in a parking zone in Münster and you must also live there.
- Neither a garage nor a parking space may be at your disposal.
- You must be the owner of the listed motor vehicle or use it permanently.
- You do not yet have a special parking right (resident parking permit).
For the application you need
- a valid identity card or passport
- the vehicle registration papers or vehicle registration document
- your resident parking permit up till now
- proof of utilization / ownership certification (only necessary if the owner of the vehicle is not identical with the applicant)
- proof of utilization / ownership certification
- for zones A, B, C, D, E and H, 10.50 euros for one year, 20 euros for two years, and 30 euros for three years.
- for zones F and K, 25 euros for one to three years.
The fees are charged according to clause 265 of the Scale of Charges for Measures in Road Traffic. If the permit is returned ahead of time, the fee due to a possible remaining period of validity of the resident parking permit is not reimbursed.
No resident parking permits will be issued for vehicles with a total length of 5.25 metres. The special parking authorization does not include a guarantee that a parking space in the resident parking zone is available.
Resident parking permits are only issued after a move has occurred and after the registration of one's address or change of address has taken place, and not in advance because of an planned move.
If all the conditions for approval are fulfilled, the resident parking permit can be issued in all citizens' offices after the submission of the documents as well as the payment of the fee. You may also delegate a person you trust by means of a written authorization to apply for the resident parking permit for you. You can also apply for resident parking permits through our Internetservice.