A former "perpetrator location" – The historical place Villa ten Hompel
The Villa ten Hompel had originally been built as a private residential house by Rudolf ten Hompel, a wealthy owner of several cement factories in the region surrounding Münster, in the 1920s. Since that time, the villa has witnessed an eventful history: During the Second World War, the villa was used as the domicile of the regional uniformed police forces of the army section VI and therefore became the point of origin of national socialistic injustice committed by desk-bound perpetrators and armed police forces. In the postwar period, the villa sheltered the regional department of indemnification between 1954 and 1968.
Since 1999, it houses a research, education and pedagogical center as well as a permanent exhibition and is open to the public.