Welcome to Münster
Münster is a multi-faceted city. It is a city of science and learning, the City of Westphalian Peace, the capital city of bicycles and Germany’s Climate Protection Capital. Westphalia’s longstanding regional capital is a young city, not least thanks to its 50,000 students.
It is an outstanding place to live, work, learn and research. It is a place where urban culture, municipal diversity and first-class rural recreation intersect and have a mutually enhancing effect.
Facts and figures
- Münster - Data and Facts (PDF, 150 kB)
Introductory information and tips
Virtual panorama tour
- Themed virtual tours through historical Münster, the city of sulptures, the museums and "Green Münster"
Information and Services for Visitors
- Tourist information, hotel reservation, guided tours, events, conference services
European Green Capital Award
- Münster is among the finalists for the prestigious title
- Münster is the most liveable city world-wide!
- Westphalian Wilhelms University – www.wwu.de/en
- Münster University of Applied Sciences – en.fh-muenster.de
- Academy of Fine Arts Münster - www.kunstakademie-muenster.de/intro_englisch.htm
- German Police University – www.dhpol.de/en
- Study in Münster - www.uni-muenster.de/en/international_students/index.html