The capuchin monastery is slightly concealed in a side road close to Muenster City castle. It is the second capuchin monastery in Muenster after the second was demolished during the secularisation. The monastery was consecrated in 1858 and completed in 1862.
The building was almost completely destroyed in the Second World War. The last signs of war damage were removed by1954 and the church received the appearance it has today. The monastery that is still used as such also has a large garden.